RESTAURANT WEEK 2018
10th Annual Amelia Island Restaurant Week
January 19-28, 2018
Overview: Amelia Island is celebrating the 10th annual Amelia Island Restaurant Week January 19-28, 2018. The 10-day culinary showcase will feature the island’s most popular dining hotspots offering pre-fixe menus at set prices. The famed week will also feature a variety of dining and cocktail related activities including the kick-off dinner at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island on Wednesday, January 17th and a finale event at on Saturday, January 27th at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation. For additional details including participating restaurants and menus, visit AmeliaIsland.com/yummy.
• To promote Amelia Island as destination for gastronomy featuring her eclectic mix of dining options
• To increase overnight visitation to Amelia Island during a historically slow period targeting foodie travelers looking to experience Amelia’s dining scene
• To increase traffic and revenue into local restaurants during a historically slow period
• To encourage local residents to visit restaurants they may not usually patronize and support local businesses during the off-season
• Increase in traffic and revenue to your restaurant during a historically slow period
• Increased promotion of restaurant and local dining scene through the Restaurant Week campaign
• Restaurant listing on the Amelia Island Restaurant Week website at AmeliaIsland.com/yummy
• Inclusion in Restaurant Week collateral materials including poster, rack brochures and menus
• Opportunity to participate is open to restaurants on Amelia Island
• Restaurants may participate during either LUNCH or DINNER or BOTH. You may also choose to do multiple dinner price points
• Participating restaurants agree to offer a prix-fixe menu at the following set prices, tax and gratuity not included:
For those restaurants electing to participate in the new $41 price point – these menus must be NEW and offer value to dinners. This new price point is an opportunity to elevate your restaurant week offerings. We encourage restaurants to test new menu items and get creative to demonstrate your chef’s capabilities. The new price point is not intended to be a repeat of an old menu item at an increased price point.
• Restaurants must register to participate in Restaurant Week online (or deliver application to Welcome Center) and agree to the terms of pricing and pre-fixe menu format by Friday, November 3rd
• Restaurants must submit menus no later than Friday, November 10th so menus can be designed, printed and posted online
STOCK THE PANTY – BARNABAS FOOD PANTRY DONATIONS
This year, the AICVB is partnering with Barnabas, the largest food pantry in Nassau County, to collect shelf-stable food items during Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants can collect canned and dry food goods through collection boxes during Restaurant Week. The AICVB and Barnabas will arrange delivery and pickup of food boxes.
MARKETING & PROMOTION
• The AICVB will provide marketing support for the event including:
• Each participating restaurant is encouraged to cross promote Restaurant Week through their own promotional channels including websites, social media channels, eblasts and in-restaurant promotions
How do I participate?
Unlike many destinations, there is no fee to participate in Amelia Island Restaurant Week! The Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau will provide the funding for the promotion of Restaurant Week. However restaurants will be required to sign an agreement agreeing to participate in Restaurant Week.
How does it work?
When a guest arrives for dinner during Restaurant Week, you will give them your regular menu in addition to your special prix-fixe menu provided by the AICVB.
What is a Prix-Fixe menu?
A set 3-course menu including an appetizer, entrée and dessert plus beverage, or your choice of course combinations if you wish to offer more.
What are the price points? Pricing does not include tax or gratuity.
Lunch - $12
Dinner - $21, $31, and/or (NEW) $41 for a three-course pre-fixe menu
How do I register?
Visit www.surveymonkey.com/r/AIRW18 to complete an online registration form by Friday, November 3rd.
How do I submit my menu?
You may either submit your menu at the time of registration using the online form or you may email directly to Amy Boek at email@example.com by Friday, November 10th.
Dates to Remember:
Friday, November 3rd: Deadline to register to participate in Restaurant Week
Friday, November 10th: Drop dead date for menu submissions
Wednesday, January 17th: Restaurant Week Kick-off Dinner at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Friday, January 19th - Sunday, January 28th: 10th Anniversary Amelia Island Restaurant Week 2018
Saturday, January 27th: Restaurant Week Finale Event at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation